Database design is the process of producing a detailed data model of a database based on business requirements of the client. This logical data model contains all the needed logical and physical design choices and physical storage parameters needed to generate a design in a data definition language, which can then be used to create a database. A fully attributed data model contains detailed attributes for each entity.
Database Implementation involves the construction of a database according to the specification of a logical schema. This will include the specification of an appropriate storage schema, security enforcement, external schema, and so on. There are additional tasks beyond simply creating a database schema and implementing the constraints – data must be entered into the tables, issues relating to the users and user processes need to be addressed and the management activities associated with wider aspects of corporate data management need to be supported.
Softbase specializes in understanding the business requirements and creating database designs and performing database implementation based on requirements. Softbase has experience building one of the largest database implementations on the planet.
Database administration is the function of managing and maintaining the database management systems software. Mainstream DBMS software such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server need ongoing management. As such, corporations that use DBMS software often hire specialized IT personnel called Database Administrators or DBAs.
Softbase has provided all the below database administration functionality to many clients:
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of database server software and related products.
- Evaluate database features and database related products.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Database design and implementation.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Application tuning and performance monitoring.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 support when required.
- Do general technical troubleshooting and give cons.
- Database recovery.
The services offered at Softbase, Inc. include the following: