Electronic commerce, commonly known as E-commerce or Ecommerce, is trading in products or services using computer networks, such as the Internet. Electronic commerce draws on technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems. Modern electronic commerce typically uses the World Wide Web for at least one part of the transaction's life cycle, although it may also use other technologies such as e-mail.
- Softbase specializes in creating various E-Commerce solutions
- Provide E-tail or "virtual storefronts" on websites with online catalogs, sometimes gathered into a "virtual mall".
- Buy or sell on websites or online marketplaces.
- Gather and use demographic data through web contacts and social media.
- Use electronic data interchange, the business-to-business exchange of data.
- Reach prospective and established customers by E-mail or fax (for example, with newsletters).
- Use business-to-business buying and selling.
- Provide secure business transactions.